Affordable and Accessible Childcare
Reduce Staff Ratio Requirements
States should relax childcare regulations to allow staff members to watch additional children, making childcare more affordable and accessible while maintaining safety.
Allow Students Seeking Related Degrees To Count Toward Staffing Ratios
States should count college students seeking related degrees as “staff” for childcare staff ratio requirements.
Childcare is the Kaleidoscope of 2021
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. But sometimes, one word is a kaleidoscope. Just consider the word “childcare”. It evokes the mayhem managed by millions of families during the COVID-19 pandemic and, at the same time, evolving, deep-rooted cultural norms. Look at it from a different angle and it captures the distortions […]READ MORE
Two Ways We Can Offer Working Parents Some Relief
With COVID-19 lockdowns, working parents across the country found themselves playing multiple full-time roles in 2020—full-time employee, full-time parent…as well as full-time teacher, entertainer, and cook. If that wasn’t complicated enough, many also have to balance their return to in-person work with their children not being able to go back to school and long waiting […]READ MORE
Our Workforce and Entrepreneurship Solutions
- Grant Licenses To Experienced Professionals
- Allow Apprenticeships For Licensed Occupations
- Establish Sunrise And& Sunset Reviews For Occupational Regulation To Avoid Anti-Trust Challenges
- Require Periodic Reauthorization For Occupational Licenses
- Treat Work Experience As Continuing Education
- Pre-Empt Local Licensing
- Waive Initial Licensing Fees
- Protect Financially Struggling Workers From License Revocation
- Provide Credit For Licensing Fees During Shutdowns
- Create A Regulatory Sandbox For Entry-Level Workers
Our Workforce and Entrepreneurship Experts
Our Latest Workforce and Entrepreneurship Research
At FGA, we don’t just talk about changing policy—we make it happen.
By partnering with FGA through a gift, you can create more policy change that returns America to a country where entrepreneurship thrives, personal responsibility is rewarded, and paychecks replace welfare checks.