Protect Flexible Work Arrangements
States should make it easier to find flexible work by ensuring self-employed workers don’t get misclassified as employees of their clients.
Protect Home-Based Work
States should prohibit local governments from treating home-based businesses differently than other businesses and placing extra burdens on businesses merely because they operate out of a home.
Fast-Track Business Permits
States should establish minimum timeframes for local governments to process business permits and reduce red tape by approving permits when local governments fail to meet deadlines.
Waive Taxes and Fees on Start-Ups
States should waive new start-ups’ taxes for the first two years of operations and waive start-up fees for businesses that had previously been shut down because of COVID-19.
Three State Policies to Make Way for Young Entrepreneurs
States should make it easier for young people to learn the value of work to help foster the next generation of entrepreneurs.READ MORE
Red Hot: How Gov. DeSantis Has Kicked Florida’s Economy Into Overdrive
Thankfully, Gov. DeSantis has led Florida through an unprecedented economic recovery—most recently by ending the federal unemployment bonus months ahead of schedule. As a result, the Florida economy has kicked into overdrive.READ MORE
Our Workforce and Entrepreneurship Solutions
- Grant Licenses To Experienced Professionals
- Allow Apprenticeships For Licensed Occupations
- Establish Sunrise And& Sunset Reviews For Occupational Regulation To Avoid Anti-Trust Challenges
- Require Periodic Reauthorization For Occupational Licenses
- Treat Work Experience As Continuing Education
- Pre-Empt Local Licensing
- Waive Initial Licensing Fees
- Protect Financially Struggling Workers From License Revocation
- Provide Credit For Licensing Fees During Shutdowns
- Create A Regulatory Sandbox For Entry-Level Workers
Our Latest Workforce and Entrepreneurship Research
At FGA, we don’t just talk about changing policy—we make it happen.
By partnering with FGA through a gift, you can create more policy change that returns America to a country where entrepreneurship thrives, personal responsibility is rewarded, and paychecks replace welfare checks.